Jessica’s Baking Blog has been awarded a Liebster Award by Sweet 16’s Country Kitchen!
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award given to rising bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
A big Thank You goes to…
Country Girl & Cookin’ Cowgirl from Sweet 16’s Country Kitchen who nominated me with this sweet blog award! Thank You! I’m honored that you have chosen my blog! I’m looking forward to continue visiting your blog, browsing your great collection of recipes and giving some a try! Go check out their blog!
1. You must thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator
3. Pass on the award to 11 new recipients
4. Pose 11 new questions to your bloggers
Now to answer the questions posed by my nominators…
1. What made you decide to start Blogging?
My sister has a blog, and since I started baking a lot, I decided to start a baking blog. I also saw a lot of baking blogs out there that really inspired me, so I started my own blog. 🙂
2. What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
Well, my name is Jessica and this is my baking blog…so “Jessica’s Baking Blog” means exactly that. 🙂 A blog where Jessica posts her recipes. 🙂
3. Which do you prefer most – Cooking or Baking?
Baking definitely! I love baking because you have a set recipe that you follow and will turn out right (most of the times). Not to mention the delicious dessert that yields from your hard work! 🙂 A lot of times for cooking you have to do it after your taste and play with it as you cook the dish, which is not always easy. I’ve tried cooking my mom’s meatball soup (for example) and it didn’t turn out exactly like hers. 😛
4. What is your go-to comfort food?
Oh, it’s so hard to decide! I really love chocolate chip cookies any time of the day (or night for that matter 🙂 ).
5. What is your favorite style (i.e Italian, Chinese, Mexican) of food?
I love them all!! Probably Italian food is a little more at the top than the rest. But I won’t refuse a good Chinese Chow Mein, or a delicious Mexican chili!
6. What is your favorite restaurant/café where you live?
My favorite restaurant is IN-N-OUT, you can only find it in California, Nevada, and Arizona. Utah and Texas. I know it’s a fast food kind of restaurant, but it’s by far the most delicious and my very favorite.
7. If you could meet any famous cook/baker either past or present, Who would that be?
8. Do you listen to music while you’re in the kitchen, or do you prefer silence while you work?
I listen to the buzz of my mixer and the noises of my little sisters, LOL! . There’s almost never a quiet moment when I bake, and it’s usually too noisy to put any music, but I don’t mind if music is playing when I’m baking. 🙂 Once in a while, there will be music playing in the background.
9. How many Cook-Books do you own?
Um…I have a lot of cooking magazines, and my mom has 2-3 cook books. My cookbooks are mostly blogs and youtube baking/cooking tutorials. 🙂 I do have my eye on a few cook books that I want/plan to have in the future.
10. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee!! Of course I also love tea, but I drink coffee more often and I love it! 🙂
11. What is your favorite recipe?
Chocolate chip cookies! It’s easy and delicious!
Passing the Award to:
1. Bethany @ Looking unto Jesus
2. Amy @ Let my life be a light
3. Carissa @ Rosie Posie’s Place
4. Rebekah @ Treasuring Today
5. Bethany @ Happiness is Sweet
6. Rebekah (my sister) @ Heritage of Grace
7. Amanda @ Meditations and Bread
8. Colette @ Just for Foodies
9. Rina @ I Thee Cook
10. Emily @ She Make and Bakes
11. Tara @ Noshing with the Nolands
11 Questions to Those I Award:
- What holiday do you cook/bake the most food?
- Cookies or Cupcakes?
- What is a family recipe that is passed down through generations?
- What is your favorite food to cook/eat?
- What is your favorite kitchen tool that you absolutely can’t do without?
- When did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite part about Oreo cookies, the cookie or the cream?
- Ever had a birthday without a cake?
- Are you a travel bug?
- Sweet or Salty?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you like cinnamon?
This is the second time Jessica’s Baking Blog has been awarded a Liebster Award!!